Just like their overwhelming majority, this smoothie will also be bright green colored. And just like all the other smoothies, being green does not mean having a bad taste. On the opposite, all smoothies are equally taste because the spinach, broccoli or other green leaves that you introduce among the ingredients have a very weak taste and are covered by the fruit tat you will put in. the smoothies are in most cases naturally sweet if you choose your ingredients carefully. This means that the fruits are best when they are well ripened. Be careful though to choose fresh fruit, do not mistake the ripened ones with the ones standing for a long time on the supermarket shelves. Besides having a high concentration of antioxidants, the fresh detox smoothie will help you when having minor digestive issues like a bloating stomach. Do not imagine that you can eat all day long all sorts of junk food and then drink a detox smoothie to make it all go away, but when drank in combination with exercising, this little green beverage will ease your pain significantly.
- -1 cup frozen strawberries. These little red wonders will give the beverage a wonderful taste that you will be able to associate with having a desert. Besides being a very popular fruit, the strawberry has a very high vitamin C concentration and a higher antioxidant level than most of the other fruits.
- -1/2 a frozen banana. Considered a very nourishing fruit, bananas have a high potassium concentration and will make sure that you get enough fibers to give your digestive system a push into working again. As an inside advice, whenever you have a smoothie containing frozen bananas, make sure that you peel and cut the banana before freezing it. Doing otherwise will make you sorry you did not think of this from the very beginning.
- -1 cup frozen pineapple. Pineapple is an excellent source of manganese and vitamin C and is well known for helping you get rid of the excessive fluids from your body. For this reason, pineapple is recommended in weight loss diets, because in many cases what we believe to be fat are actually water deposits. Pineapple helps eliminating them, and we associate it with weight loss.
- -1 handful of fresh spinach leaves. Spinach is a plant extremely rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and is preferred when making smoothies because it has a very weak aroma when blended together with other ingredients. If it weren’t for the bright green color you would not know that it was there.
- -1 and 1/4 cups coconut milk from carton. Just as the spinach, good quality coconut milk will not influence very much the final taste of the smoothie because it tastes just a little bit like coconut. It is recommended to include it into this beverage due to its diuretic properties.
- Put all the ingredients into the blending machine and then blend them at high speed until they mix and become a fluid paste.